To use the commenting function in TW2 and/or to upload photographs you will need to register (once) with Disqus. This is free, and there are a number of options to register, which you will see near the foot of the ‘Details’ page for any route.
We recommend registering here www.disqus.com using the same email address as you use for TW2. Registering direct with Disqus enables you to edit your public profile and adjust your privacy settings if required. Disqus will keep you logged in once you have accepted cookies, the same with TW2 meaning the commenting experience is seamless.
NOTE: Comments will not appear instantly as they have to be moderated, so please don't add twice! If adding multiple comments the same, on different routes, alternate a full stop as you can't leave the exact same comment twice in succession (spam blocking).
Guidance for comments
TW2 is for statements of information and is not meant for conversations and questions. It is managed this way to reduce clutter against the route. Any specific queries or questions should be directed at the relevant area rep. Contact details here https://www.glass-uk.org/other-info/contact-us.html
- Popular lanes will likely have many comments, if your comment has no additional or new information then please refrain from adding duplicate text.
- If regularly driving the same route(s) please leave a six month gap if no additional information can be provided. This reduces repetition of comments.
- Videos : Due to the time required to check that videos posted to TW2 fit with our Code of Conduct, we can no longer accept links to videos.
When recording a comment, say what date you used the route, your vehicle type, and add any information that may be useful to people in future if/when they look up the lane on TW2 for route planning. You could also include details of your direction of travel, the number of people travelling with you (perhaps in the same vehicle) and also other users you might meet, with their mode of transport too.
You might also mention (if not already noted in TW2)
- Signs : Are there any? Are they in good condition?
- Obstructions and Problems : These should be recorded with a Grid Reference and an indication of which users could be affected - walkers, wide vehicles etc.
- TRO : Any Traffic Regulation Order signage should be recorded along with details of the classes of user that it affects and when it is in force if it is seasonal.
In addition to the detailed information above, you can include photographs and/or general comments about the route as a whole. Many TrailWise users find it very useful to see the comments of previous users of a route.
Note: Comments and pictures will be subject to “moderation” by GLASS officials. Any content considered inappropriate or not adhering to the guidance above may be removed without notice. The moderators decision will be final. Persistent offenders may have their TW2 access removed. Comments and photos will be visible to all users and may be divulged to official bodies for legal purposes or as user evidence in support of Definitive Map Modification Orders..